CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday 30 November 2011

E-Craft Card - 1st Christmas

Hi Everyone
Today i have been playing with my new Christmas pressie from my husband (and yes i was allowed to open it early).  He normally is not very good at choosing me a gift so i gave him the heads up and told him what i would like.  I love my cuttlebug and would never be without it but as i wanted to make larger cards i was having problems with getting the right size dies.  Especially as i wanted to make card blanks.  So i considered ordering the grand caliber but when i added up the cost of the larger dies i realised if i bought the caliber and a few sets of grand dies it would be at the same price as the cost of an e-craft.  As i have used the e-craft on my Crafters Companion demos i know how good it is but always thought i could get by with my cuttlebug.  Well you know what thought did???   So it made perfect sense to me as i will not be restricted by size as it cuts all the shapes in  1/2 " increments up to 11 1/2".  I can also buy SVG  files at a single cost rather than buy full cartridges which i find is a real bonus, although cartridges are available if i wanted to buy them.  I can also use scraps of paper, no cutting mat .................  and i could go on and on but if you watch Create & Craft this Sunday, Leann Chivers will be demoing it for the first time on the channel.  It has loads of good points and i just love it.  I have been busy cutting all day and looking for free SVG files and i found loads. 

Leann is also on TV on Saturday with Reddy Die Cut Decoupage so have a look at the programme schedule.  I've checked Sundays for the e-craft and its not up as yet but i will post asap when it is available.

Ok, my first card is a Humphrey card and its for a boys 1st Christmas.  I was asked to make 2 cards like this by a colleague at work as i showed Graces card she made a while ago in red.  So its more or less the same as the previous one but in blue.  However if you look at Graces card i couldn't mat and layer any circles as i used a tea plate to make the card blank and then i didn't have any other household objects to trace around for the matts so i made do with using the tea plate again and just cutting the circle down a bit by eye.  Not very good really and you can see the first one here .   Sorry about the light but it had already got dark by the time i took this.
Every thing you see is cut with the e-craft and i know this is quite a basic card but it was so easy to do and i have made 3 all in one go.  The card blank is an 8" circle cut onto centura pearl card the next matt is a 7 1/2" circle from coredinations card and the patterned paper is from the Humphrey Christmas CD cut at 7", printed onto centura pearl paper. I love the Humphrey christmas CD's, theres two in the pack and the papers are really not just for christmas.  The paper i have used on this card is quite a generic swirly paper and could be used for all occasions.
  
Humphrey has been coloured with speccies as always and glittered up a bit.  I had already cut the circle out before i stamped him and then matted him onto a scalloped circle from an e-craft cartridge, office essentials.  The two scrolls are from the fundamentals one cartridge that comes with the machine and the two snowflakes are free SVG files i found on t'internet.  I Love these, what a find!!!!  One of them is available here and the other one i cannot find anywhere.  I've loads on my history so it would take ages to look. However if anyone wanted a copy i could email you the file, just leave me a comment and email address.

Now normally i take a close up photo of my colouring but this time i have taken a photo of the snowflakes.  The larger one is 2" cut from Coredinations and the smaller white one is 1 1/2 " cut from centura paper.  I've sprayed them both with a light coating of spray and sparkle irridescent.  Hower the photo does not do them justice, although i think you can tell how delicate the points of the snowflakes are.

If you wanted to take a look before the shows there are some clips on you tube, click here. 
And here  and here   its the lvoely leann.

Watch out for the shows and if you have not asked santa for your prezzie as yet, do what i did..... ha ha.

Hope you like it.

Louise

9 comments:

  1. It's lovely Louise - but definitely cheating having your Christmas pressie this early - my Cameo is upstairs and I am banned from using it until Christmas! I still haven't made a rocker card - the thought of trying to cut a circle with scissors leaves me cold! Enjoy playing!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful Louise. I hope you have lots of enjoyment with your e-craft. The colours you have used for the card is lovely too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rocker cards! Humphrey looks swell!
    Looks like you're having fun with your new toy!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeal!!!!!!! I am pee green here Mrs..this is def on my wishlist :)

    Fabaroonie card will need to get my Cricut up for sale soon :) and the cartridges....

    Can't wait to see what else you make using this fab machine!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Louise! The e-craft sounds amazing but I've a year old cricut that I think I should really use more. Think that will be my mission next year!
    I love these rocker cards and must give them a go.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, your colouring is perfect.
    How lucky are you :) have fun playing with your new toy.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, but i'm not brilliant with the computer, so would be afraid I wouldnt be able to work it! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise, Gorgeous card! Love the rocker design and this image is just adorable. Enjoy playing with the e-craft. From what I saw at Craftaganza i'm sure you will :-) I have a Cricut Imagine (and a Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur)so can't really justify another machine but really am going to try using the Cricut more next year.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lou, what a fab card using the e-craft, it is great I love mine!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete