CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday 6 November 2011

Christmas Tea Light Card

Hi Everyone

This is what i was busy with yesterday and just finished off this morning.  its part of the order for my work colleagues and she has ordered 4 but wanted them red and a Christmas theme. I've only made one so far so she can see if its ok and then I'll carry on with the other 3.
The two main things i have used to make this are my spectrum noir penscentura pearl card,  my ultimate pro, boxer board, spring board, these are vital to being able to come up with a really good finished product.  The tag inside is embossed using the spring board which i could not be without as i use it for loads of my projects and means i do not need to buy more dies.  I've used a  LOTV Christmas image, Pretty Poinsettia and nitwits paper, mooey Christmas too, but I'm not too sure about my combination.  i think i should have put the stripey paper on the front and the patterned paper inside and mixed it up a bit.  (i will do next time). I also decided not to add any further embellishments as it didn't matter what i added it looked too much so I've decided to leave it plain.
Its a bit too much stripey paper, i think i should have done the tea light box in the patterned and also the tag holder which would have evened it out a bit.  Never mind, but i couldn't bear to throw it out and start again.
Luckily I've only made one and i can make changes to the other 3.

Hope you like.

Louise xx

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely.. what is a spring board?
    I am still waiting for my boxer board ... I can't wait.. :-)

    I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, This is gorgeous! Such a sweet LOTV image and gorgeous papers. I agree with you about also using the patterned paper on the inside but saying that it still looks lovely.

    Found this image coloured up in my box this morning ... think I might make it into a card this afternoon. Jamie is round MIL's and Chloe is going swimming with her friend at 2 so will have a couple of hours craft time in peace!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both for your lovely comments and Tracy the spring board is an embossing board that fits onto your ulimate pro. It has lots of lovely designs to dry emboss. It has the flowers on i used on my hexagonal box too. I really get a lot of use out of it. I'll put a link below which takes you straight there. Thanks Lisa i know the inside is not quite right but i really didn't want to start again. I hate having to chuck something out but it still does look ok.http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/crafters-companion-25/ultimate-crafters-companion-261/boards-706/crafters-companion-ultimate-embossing-7821.htm Its acutally call sprintime sweets and cupcake treats. Hope you have a fab time crafting lisa, my husband is with me in my craft room playing on the computer and he is driving me mad.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous little gift set Louise! I really should give these a try. You've coloured the image beautifully and I love the papers.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Louise - I really like the papers and the image is completely adorable.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete