CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday 4 November 2011

1st Christmas Card Made

Hi Everyone
I have had such a peaceful and lovely time this morning, just me time.  Put all my crafty goodlies in their place in my craft room, after yesterdays marathon shop at the NEC.  So i decided to then use the images i coloured the other night and make some christmas cards.  However i did think these would be my Christmas cards started but i recevied a call from a specail friend who asked me to make 10 christmas cards for her so how could i refuse.  I can see whats going to happen though, all of my cards i give away will be bought at the last minute as i have ran out of time.  Never mind i'll keep trying though.

Here's my first one then and i've used the lovley angel stamp  from LOTV last Christmas realase.  The patterned paper is nitwits and i had my first chance to put my buys from yesterday to good use.  The two embossed pieces are from a stamp set i bought from crafts u love.  They are papermania and are urban stamps.  I saw them and knew i just had to have them.
I embsosed the stamped images in gold and then distressed them with frayed burlap. I've also sewn around the matting and layering, a bit messy but never mind thats what makes them hand made.  I've also added one of the new ribbons i bought yesertday.  No close up as i added these to my blog the other night but i've even decorated inside which i have never done before and i love the result.

As always the image had been coloured using my spectrum noirs from Crafters Companion.  I owuld alos like to give credit to the gallery of images on the Lily of the Valley website as this card is not exactly copied from there but it is similar to one and is where i got my inspiration from.

Hope you like it.

Louise xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, Beautiful card! Such a sweet image and gorgeous papers.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Louise. I love the papers you have used - and the inside looks to be as good as the front!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete