CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday 25 March 2012

Just for You - Swalk

Hello Everyone

Wow i slept until 11.30 am this morning and that is just not like me at all so i must've needed a rest, although it has been a really busy week..  I had a great time at Birmingham with all the fab team from Crafters Companion.  Margaret and I helped out on the stand on Thursday and Margaret was the Queen of embossing folders, while i helped with customers.  It was really great meeting lots of CC fans and then Margaret and i shopped all day Friday.  We arrived not long after 9am and didn't leave until 4.  The night before i had said to Margaret i really thought we wouldn't be long and that it maybe be about 1 or 2 at the latest but we got so engrossed in dies, and ribbons, and sparkly embellishments and card etc etc.  I'm sure you know what its like and she never curbed my spending, nor i here,  in fact we were like partners in crime until it got to about 3 then i think we both felt a little guilty with how much we had spent.  never mind there are worse things to worry about.  Margaret and i have got a few things to share and i also shopped for Leann, she gave me a budget and i stuck to it.  (i wouldn't have dared not to, she's a bit scary when she wants to be, ha ha).

So yesterday i couldn't craft with my new stash as i had a demo at Lambton park garden centre at Chester le street.  I know i always say this but it really was a great day and the time just flew by.  The shoppers were all lovely as were the staff, Eileen and lath who supplied me with my builders tea.  Lovely lovely day but its sad as its closing at the end of June.  Next Saturday I'm at Frankie's and cannot wait for that too.

Ok onto my card and today i have used a swalk image that i have tried to achieve a quite toned down and vintagy look (if thats a word).  I've used my new Kraft card from Anna Maries designs stand.  I've use the a little kiss  image from swalk and used backing paper from the paintbox poppets cd using the colouriser.  I've also distressed the paper using vintage photo distress pad and added this to the image too before taking the die off.  I've coloured with my spectrum noirs using TN3, TN2, TN1, FS8, TS2, FS1, EB3, EB2, EB1, CT2, LG2.   The lace and velvet ribbon is also from Anna Maries Designs but i cannot find this on her website. Both Margaret, leann and I have one in each of the 5 colours so i'm sure you will be seeing it pop up on our cards regularly.I have cut the photo corners using my e-craft with my laina lamb office essential sd card.     I've had flowers on flowers off, pearls nearly on but decided to leave it with a whimsy sentiment as i think that's enough.

The next thing i have to look forward to, as well as frankies,  is the colouring day at the Aston hotel on Friday, so i am really looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Hope you like it.

Louise xx

17 comments:

  1. Adorable card Louise. Glad you had a good time xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You excelled your self Louise. Excellent, gorgeous colour choice, all well balanced. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Louise the craft card looks really lovely, haven't had time to try mine between embossing and helping my niece packup ready for her move.
    Missed my crafting buddy. See you Fri. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabby card , and lovely image
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love the colour and you have achieved the vintagy look. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Louise such a lovely card! By you have been busy, talk about shop till you drop!!! Another busy week ahead too, see you Saturday!!! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Louise, the colours are fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and just love the very cute image xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and great colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the monochromatic colour scheme!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's stunning Louise, I love your chosen colour it's gorgeous.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vintagy look works fantasticly well with this image. Greate card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, gorgeous papers and the kraft card looks fantastic, love your colouring in too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a soft, sweet image and I love the finished result. Another beauty!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous - I love SWALK and feel they work really well in a vintage way as well as cutesy colours. Great Card. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lou, you sound like a shopper after my own heart, I am so glad you had such a great time in Birmingham.
    This card is so gorgous, and you truly have achieved the vintagy (if that is a word!!) theme, I just love the colours you have used, really great for a more vintage couple's anniversary maybe?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is delish!!! Loving those corners can't wait to save enough to get my Emily (E-Craft) lol yes she is named already!!

    Have a fabulous time on Friday....one day I will surprise you all and appear :O) sadly not this time though

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete