CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday 26 August 2011

All Hand Made

Hi Everyone

Rather than printing, colouring, adding bought flowers, embellishments and using my cuttlebug, today i thought i would make a card from scratch from materials i have.  So i have started by making a 6x6 in card from Centura Pearl and matted and layered with coredenations.  I have used my ultimate pro from crafters companion to emboss the matting and then sanded it.  I know it would have been easier to put this through my cuttlebug but i wanted the background to match the flower embellishments exactly and how easy this is especially if you haven't obtained a die cutting machine as yet.  I've only had mine for about a month as i had to save ups and sometimes i think its good to look at a project and know you've made everything yourself and not bought the items.

 I've embossed and cut out the individual flowers using one of the score boards and layered each flower up with different tones of coredenations and again sanded these. The middle part of the flower i have added pink glitter but on the photo it looks silver, must just be the light as it does match in perfectly.  
 I've also made the corners myself by using a corner flower punch and then finishing them off by using part of a circle punch.  Hope you like it as much as i do.

 Louise xx

5 comments:

  1. Lou this is lovely well done you for not using anything but ur pro, I love this flower and use it all the time
    Hugs
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, what a great card using the ultimate pro! This will be great for your demos!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both i really enjoyed making it and yes i'm trying to build up samples for my demo's. got 3 now as i've just done two swalk ones as a pop out and another shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise this is absolutely georgous - just shows you don't need lot of fancy gizmos and gadgets to make a beautiful card.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise, Gorgeous card! Just proves you don't need all the latest gadgets to make a lovely card (must tell myself that lol!)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete