CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Monday 1 October 2012

Crafters Companion Monthly Blog Challenege

Hi Everyone

its time for a monthly Crafters Companion blog challenge and as its Crafters Companion's Birthday week in October we decided on a theme of Birthdays.

Sooo......  i decided to use some older products and newer products to celebrate the years that CC have been with us.  My all time faves are SWALK stamps and i used this image while in Holland and Belgium in turquoises so i decided to have a go with vibrant reds.  I coloured this in between my Spectrum Noir workshops and i wasn't too happy with the result and was going to throw it in the bin. However Margaret had a quiet time while i was teaching my next workshop and she made it into a card without me knowing and look at what she came up with.
She used some plain coloured card stock and embossed lines using the Ultimate Pro on the matting and layering and then chose ribbons to match.  I think she did a brilliant job and i was amazed, especially seeing as though it was going in the bin.  Then I've added the smallest Scalloped Tag from the new Diesire range of Crafters Companions Dies to finish it off.  I've not listed the colours i have used as i really can't remember but i only had the six packs of Spectrum noirs with me so they are all from those.


I have also started to organise my stamps and dies too, using the new storage system from Crafters Companion and i just love it.  Everything is neat and tidy all in one place where i can find them and i cannot wait to get more and sort all of my goodies out.  At the minute they are just in boxes getting messed up and it takes me hours to find anything.  No wonder i haven't enough time to fit everything in.  This is one of the larger binders but there are smaller ones too and i have used the magnetic sheets for dies and there are inserts too  for stamps.



Hope you like it and don't forget to pop over to the blog and take part.

Louise xx






12 comments:

  1. Hi Louise what a gorgeous card the colours are stunning.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card beautifully coloured
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the image and the card look really good and I need to look into that storage system
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Louise this card is stunning! I love the ribbon and ribbon flower. I am loving this storage system and am saving my pennies to get some of them.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise, this is gorgeous, a really cute image and I love that Tartan
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so cute, love it! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lou, this is lovely, so simple in style but gorgeous, would make a great card for a Scottish friend!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute image, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just lovely the image and colors are fabulous! Stamps and Die I think are the hardest thing to organize in your craft stash. These folders look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, simple and elegant

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete