CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday 1 March 2013

Crafters Companion Blog Challenge - Vintage

Hi Everyone

I so enjoyed making this card and i just love it, i keep looking at it as i walk past as i can't believe i made it as it is really different from my normal style of card.

Anyway the theme this month is vintage on the Crafters Companion Challenge Blog and i thought about colouring an image in  sepia tones with my spectrum noirs but I've a spectrum post to do as well so thought i would have a change.

I've use the 8x8 Regency Damask Embossing Folder and using corediantions card from the Nostalgia pack.  I've used Kraft card for my base and after embossing the coordination's i've used Victorian velvet distress ink around the edges of the pink core card.  Then i aged the edges of both the cream and pink card with my craft knife just scrapping gently along the edge to give that weathered look.

I've decorated with a coredinations rose with matching leaves,  that has also been edged with the Victorian velvet ink.  The sentiment is from Sheens through the Rain  stamp set and its stamped in vintage mahogany distress in onto kraft card and then matted onto the classical frame Diesire Die. (only available to club inspire members currently)   Then a little lace edging from my stash.

Pop over and join in for the chance to win a fab prize and good luck.

Hope you like it.

Louise xx


5 comments:

  1. Omg wow this is stunning and I can see why you keep looking at it, I'd love to receive something like that it really is gorgeous..... I'm now following too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous Vintage card,love the colour.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Louise love the colours.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a Beautiful card Louise, love the colour and fab detail hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card love the vintage feel to it, love the colour combination it's so pretty.
    Hugs Rachael :) xx

    ReplyDelete