CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Crafters Companion Challenge Blog January - Anything but a card

Hi Everyone

And hello 2013, my first post of the year.........  Its time for the Crafters companion Monthly Challenge blog and this months theme is anything but a card.  So get your thinking caps on and get crafty with all of your CC goodies.

I've decided I've had enough of Christmas today and thought i would go for something really fresh and spring like so yellow and purple it is for Mothers Day.  This gorgeous Morehead Stamp is coloured with my Spectrum Noirs and i have made a trinket/gift box that i found while mooching on blogs.  so here is the link for the tutorial.  It was so easy to make with my Ultimate pro and boxer board.  I've coloured with spectrum noirs and then used papers from the Morehead CD printed onto white centura pearl card to construct the box as its a really good weight.  The inside box is only printed on the matt side of the centura pearl and the inside is left white.  The cover of the box is printed on both sides and i have placed the pearlescent side to the inside for the cover. I've added gingham ribbon and two flowers made from quilling dies, small sunflower and small camelia and then added brads to the centre of each.  The sentiment inside is just typed on my pc and then cut using one of the diesire tags.

I've added some roses from my Christmas choccie stash but you could add anything you like  jewellery  candles, a scarf  the list is endless.  What I really wanted to make was a baby version with rolled up little socks and vests etc but i didn't have any of these ling around.  Wouldn't this be fab for a new baby gift?  and don't forget it will be very easy to change the size to accommodate whatever you are giving as a prezzie.



Quite plain and simple but very effective i think.

Hope you like it and don't forget to take part to win a fabby prize.

Louise xx

5 comments:

  1. this a gorgeous project louise.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is stunning! I will be defintely having a go at this one :)

    Happy New Year!

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh love this Louise!! Love the colour combo!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Louise, wow I love your creation, what a great idea

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this and will have to have a go at making one. unfortunately it will be sometime before I am able to attempt it as I have just had an operation on my hand and will be in a plaster cast for a few weeks so all I can do at the moment is look, but I wish everyone else good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete