CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday 18 September 2011

After the rain - Swalk

Hi Everyone

well its getting a bit late but wanted to share the card i made today.  I can't believe how fast the weekend has gone and now its Sunday evening with work again tomorrow so I'll have to wait until after tea to craft.

My first card is another of my favs from Crafters companion and the SWALK range and its the first time i have used this, although i have seen a lot of cards made out there so i know its one of yours as well.  A few years ago i saw  the technique of paper piecing at the NEC Birmingham Craft Show and i have always wanted to give it a go ever since.  its a good job everything doesn't take me 3 years.  I have made up my own decoupage and done a little paper piecing of dresses etc but never a whole image.  I also saw this a few months ago on another blog but i really can't remember who's it was (sorry, as i always mention where i have seen things and got inspiration from)  All of the pieces underneath are coloured in Grey and cut out individually and i am pleased at my first attempt, although i know it could be better.
  I've chosen purple and green and coloured her in with my speccies underneath is all dark grey and the colours are only on the pieces that are showing.  I've then sprayed each piece with spray and shine from crafters companion, (if you look closely enough on the umbrella you will see a smudgy finger print as i am so impatient and touched it before it was dry.  I also think i maybe should have waited for the speccies to dray properly before i sprayed the image as i can see a few areas of running on the umbrella but i will learn from my mistakes for next time.
I've chosen the purple gingham paper from the Swalk CD Rom 2 and used some green centura pearl and plain white for matting and layering.  I have also finally decided to use my sewing machine after it has been sat in the garage for a few years.  Again after the same trip to the nec i had bought a number of magnolia stamps and i was going to sew some of the lovely cards i was going to make but never did.  Prior to that the sewing machine had sat in the shed for about seven years and i asked Kevin to get it out one day as it was so urgent for my cards.  (??)   I've finished the card with some green ribbon from Meiflower and tied it using my bow maker on my ultimate pro as when tying spotty ribbon by hand i always end up with a plain side showing and this never happens with the ultimate. Then added one single rose and an umbrella charm, the rose is from Dainty toys at Washington and the charm i think was from the ribbon girl.  I've also added a side view picture below as in the two above you can't see the paper piecing.  I will definitely make some more of this type of card.
 Hope you like it as much as i do.

Louise xx

4 comments: