CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday 22 November 2014

Crafters Companion Blog Challenge November - Christmas

Hi Everyone

Its just a little short of 4 months since i last posted and i just cant believe how long it is!!! Oh my word............ but i have been so busy with work and other stuff, NEC, Slovenia, trips to London........  (although i do think i should've had time to post at least a few times in those 4 months)  I've also had Labrynthitis??? I'm hoping its just about gone now and i have to say it is the most weird thing ever, vertigo is one of the symptoms and it knocks you for six every time it happens..........

So its nearly Christmas and I've not even bough one prezzie either.  But here is my card for the November challenge.

I've used Spectrum Noir Aquatints for the firs time, (i really don't like messy crafting), although i love the finished effect.  The colours ive used are 05, 08 and 25.  I htink 05 and 25 are from the pretty pastels and 08 is from the landscape set but i have mixed all my colours up so i'm unsure.  I've stamped with versamark onto Sheena's stamping card, using Sheena's snowflake stamps and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I've masked off the top and bottom section of the card with stencil tape.  then to achieve the effect i have made my own blotting pad with aqua tints and kitchen towel and stamped the pattern with scrunched up cling film.  you can find a clip of how to do this on you tube and its soooo easy. However mine is not as good as the orginal one in the video. Then to finish I've stamped a few snowflakes in the darkest aquatint colour.  The sentiment is from the seasons greetings set of  stamps and the card base is centura pearl hint of silver matted with some black card.

Only 8 days left to join in and win a fab prize.

Hope you like it.

Louise xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the background and beautiful snowflakes.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is stunning - I really must give this a go - worth waiting for!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise this is a beautiful card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the card and makes me really want to get on with my aqua tints and i think i will x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Louise, a gorgeous CAS card, very elegant and stylish. Love those colours. Hope your beginning to get back on track and feeling better.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete