CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday 9 September 2011

Swalk Tea Light Card

Hi Everyone

I made this card for a friends birthday last weekend when i couldn't get on with my Humphrey cards due to a dodgy printer cartridge and i haven't posted as since then been busy with Humphrey.  However as Humphrey has been packed off to CC i wanted to post this and can you tell what my favourite swalk stamp is currently?

Linda Hill posted a tea light project like this not long ago and the tutorial is on stampARTic blog.

 This is the tea light card and I've used my fav swalk stamp from Crafters companion volume 2 range.  I've coloured her with spectrum noir pens  to match my current fav K and Company papers.  The roses are from Wild Orchid crafts .
  Inside is a Happy Birthday tag with a sentiment stamp from lili of the valley and a box with room for 6 tealights.  I've just some fab dusky pink organza ribbon from meiflower and i think the colour matches perfectly with the papers.  I can't remember where i got the wooden butterfly from but again it matches in with the colour scheme.

 I also made a matching gift box using my boxer board from Crafters companion and this tool just makes it so easy to make a box to the exact size to match your project.  I couldn't be without it.
The only thing i have done differently from the tutorial is to add clear acetate to the tealight holder as i found the ribbon wouldn't keep the tealights secure.

Hope you like the finished project  it as much as i do.  I took it to work yesterday as my colleagues had been asking to see some of my cards and got 5 orders for it so i was really pleased about that.

Louise xx

7 comments:

  1. Stunning, but its not my birthday till January, are you getting organised early? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, What a beautiful gift :-) Love this sweet image and gorgeous papers. I am sure your friend will love it.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh delish creation! simply stunning.

    LOL @ Leann comment

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone and i was trying to ignore leanns comment as she is a cheeky monkey. but lovely at the same time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is beautiful Louise xx

    ReplyDelete